roy

• View Profile
Fideltiy netbenefits priviate fund symbols?
« on: July 12, 2017, 03:57:43 PM »
What do you put for the symbol for Funds in Fidelity netbenefits that are not public and do not have symbols? For example, a fund that seeks increased value by investing in the company stock or a stable value fund?  IAM got my balances on portfolio setup (although it mess up the fund names).  How am I going to get IAM to know which transactions to associate with these funds?  Or am I going to have to do everything manually for these funds?
Roy S.

Re: Fideltiy netbenefits priviate fund symbols?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
Thank you for your question... you can simply create any symbol you like for a non-publicly traded security as provided by your broker account, or use the symbol as provided on their statements to you.  If you use the same symbol as they provide, then you should be able to download ongoing activity for these funds as part of your transactional downloads. If you create a symbol that does not match that used by your broker, then prior to posting activity, you'll need to 'map' the activity to the symbol you create.

If you have add'l questions, please contact our technical support team directly: techsupport@investmentaccountmanager.com

Matt